Growing up, I was a quiet and shy person. I was an average student that did good throughout high school and college. I knew I had the potential to be great, but I was missing a key component.
I began taking photojournalism courses in college and something changed for me. Creating visual stories gave me a new kind of passion I never knew existed. Making photographs gave me the courage to express myself and connect with others.
I have found my purpose and the means of communication I love most. Whether we are discussing your special day or actually photographing you, you have my unwavering attention. I listen, observe, and ask questions to get to know you.This allows me to create photographs that tell a real and empathetic story.
My career has taken me through a variety of experiences like the National Park Service, The Dallas Morning News, and Walt Disney World. I have learned meaningful life lessons that I use in order to create images that show who you are.
I want to tell your story.
Based in Dallas, TX
Kirsten's favorite things
1. My two beagles, Rio and Arlo
2. DISNEY. You can find me lounging in my Eeyore onesie most editing days.
3. Exploring nature, especially the National Parks, with my husband
4. Quiet mornings with a warm coffee/tea
5. Sports. We are a house divided. I route for Detroit, he routes for Dallas.